Federal University of Technology, Owerri, FUTO screening and registration guidelines for the 2020/2021 academic session newly admitted students.
Authorities of the Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) have released the screening and registration guidelines for the 2020/2021 academic session newly admitted students.
FUTO Registration Procedure for Newly Admitted Students
This is to notify all candidates admitted in the 2020/2021 (merit and supplementary) admissions exercise that screening and registration will commence on Monday, July 19, 2021, at the FUTO ICTC and SOBS Hall (1st Floor of the Old SEET Head Building).
Recommended: FUTO Admission List | Check Your Admission Status Here.
According to the University Academic regulation for undergraduate students (2020-2025), section 1, subsection 1.1 (a & b) “registration of candidates is expected to end four weeks (4wks) from the date registration commenced. Thereafter, late registration may be allowed only in exceptional cases with the special permission of the Registrar in consultation with the schools upon the payment of a fee of N10,000.00. No late registration shall be allowed six weeks after lectures have begun. If for some genuine reason, a student is not able to return to the campus for registration within the stipulated period, the Registrar must be notified immediately in writing. Subsection 1.1 (f) further provides that “Any student who fails to meet the registration requirements shall be deemed to have voluntarily withdrawn from the university”.
Consequently, all prospective students are to note the following registration guidelines:
- Candidates admitted in the supplementary admissions should go online and click at the FUTO portal www.futo.edu.ng and follow the registration procedure for freshmen/new students.
- Candidates admitted in the Merit admissions who have done their 1st phase of screening should proceed with the 2nd phase of registration and collection of green files with the under-listed documents:
- Original JAMB Result slip printed directly from JAMB website
- Duplicate of JAMB Admission Letter printed directly from JAMB’s website
- FUTO PUTME Screening Result Slip
- O’ Level Statement of Results
- Confirmation of Admission form printed from FUTO Portal
- FUTO Admission Letter printed from FUTO Portal
- Signed Acceptance Letter (Printed from FUTO website)
- Birth Certificate
- LGA Identification Letter
- FUTO Fees eReceipt
- Direct entry: A’ Level Certificate, OND/HND/Degree statement of result (for Direct entry candidate only)
- Validity Form with Passport Printed from FUTO Portal
- Candidates are advised to come with originals and photocopies of their credentials for the exercise.
- Candidates should note that COVID-19 Protocol is still in force and therefore are expected to wear their face masks when coming for the exercise.
- Candidates admitted for the MBBS programme and SOBS should report at the SOBS Hall, 1st floor on the Old SEET Head building for their registration formalities while others should report at the FUTO ICTC.
- All prospective students who have not been screened would undergo both the 1st and 2nd phases of the registration during this Exercise. They should therefore come along with all the necessary documents for the registration as listed in the University Portal.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Whatsapp, Twitter, Facebook. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!
How to know if you are to write 2021 JAMB supplementary exam
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has disclosed that it has concluded plans to conduct the JAMB supplementary exam for 2021 UTME candidates o August 6th, 2021. According to JAMB, candidates that are to take the supplementary exam has been notified already.
For the benefit of the doubt, we have decided to explain how candidates can tell if they are to take part in the supplementary exam or not.
How to know if you are to write the JAMB supplementary exam
The rescheduled candidates are in the following categories:
1. Candidates who could not be initially scheduled for examination owing to their inability to timely procure and supply their mandatory NINs or profile codes until after the close of the registration exercise and, therefore, had to purchase Bank Drafts (as against the usual vending of PINs) after the scheduled period for the examination and were later registered.
2. Few candidates who encountered peculiar biometric verification problems, or who failed biometric verification on the examination date (and were recaptured) but were not allowed to partake in the examination. (Adequate screening arrangements have been made to reverify such claims and any candidate found to be involved in any form of impersonation will be identified for prosecution).
3. Candidates who were unable to sit for the UTME owing to the clash of timetables of the UTME and the then ongoing NABTEB examinations and whose particulars have been verified and supplied directly to JAMB by NABTEB.
4. Candidates who have been ascertained by JAMB to have experienced genuine rescheduling/technical problems as was the case in 30 of the 760 centres used for the examination.
5. Candidates who are able to print out their supplementary exam slip. The truth is that even if you fall into any of the categories above but you are unable to print your supplementary exam slip, it simply means that JAMB has not shortlisted you for the supplementary exam and hence, you are not qualified for the exam. If you are yet to print your JAMB supplementary slip, CLICK HERE to do so.
Share This Post:
JAMB Subject Combination For Tourism
ADMISSION4 weeks ago
Pan African University (PAU) scholarship program 2021
EDUCATION3 weeks ago
Harvard University Academy Scholars Program 2021/2022 | Stipend Available
EDUCATION4 weeks ago
PTDF Scholarship for Undergraduate & Postgraduate in Nigerian Universities 2021/2022
EDUCATION4 weeks ago
Apply for Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) Undergraduate Scholarships, 2021/2022
EDUCATION4 weeks ago
Pan African University (PAU) Scholarship Programme 2021
ADMISSION3 weeks ago
PTDF scholarship for undergraduate and postgraduate students 2021/2022
NEWS4 weeks ago
Parliament approved allowances for Presidential spouses – Oppong Nkrumah
EDUCATION3 weeks ago
Which Universities Are Under ASUU?